Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Inauspicious Day

I turned on the TV this morning to check the weather and, like many, many other people, was greeted by images of emergency vehicles and frightened people. I couldn't move, I just sat and welled up and watched for a few minutes.

I have people there. I'm sure they're fine, they probably wouldn't have been in the Tube, but I don't know for sure, and when I called my father in the morning, he hadn't even seen the news yet. I need to talk to someone tomorrow and see if I can get the contact information.

I spent most of the day thinking about the people of London and the rest of England and how they are coping with a horrible tragedy, and tried to think positive thoughts about the world, because if I don't, the possibilities and implications become overwhelming, and the urge to sit in one place and worry becomes too strong.

I have other news, but it's not the time.

Be safe, everyone. Think of those who desperately need our thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home