Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Last Week Was So Much Better

I just seem to thrive in an office environment. Seems silly maybe, but it's true. Give me just about anything in an office short of numbers to analyze and I'm clam happy. Not so much as a hint of welling, and the person I'm supporting is thrilled to have me.

So, anyway, Rhinebeck.

I went Sunday only. It's a little less than two hours from Kripalu. I got there around 11 and left around 3. I met Claudia, Julia, Laurie, Wendy, and Elisa, and saw tons of others I was too shy to introduce myself to. I bought a beautiful yellow (pau amarillo) Bosworth spindle from Journey Wheel, and got a very thorough lesson from Sheila Bosworth to boot.

I bought roving from two different sources, one I can't remember off-hand and Spinner's Hill at Claudia's suggestion. I made a tiny bit of yarn from some of the Spinner's Hill roving the evening of my Rhinebeck trip, and, since I have the day off, I think I'll give it another try today.

I thought I was settled in here, but I think I'm still settling. I'm not as weepy as I was the first couple of weeks, but I am missing the comforts of home, and the lack of people, more than I thought I would less than three weeks in.

My toe is still bothering me, and the weather is sort of grey and raw, but I feel like I need to go out and take a walk at some point today.

I hope all of you are well, safe, and warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home