Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Posting Just to Post

I wandered on over to Blogger to put up a new post, then realized I don't really have much to say.

The weather is much better than it has been since the first couple days I spent in early October. I walked into town and back yesterday, which was nice and relaxing and just what I needed.

I have brought someone into the knitting fold. She bought a scarf kit a couple of weeks ago at Colorful Stitches. She finished it yesterday, only because she was holding off working on it until she could get back and buy more yarn for another scarf. She bought yarn for three more and I showed her how to bind off. Sometime today we'll weave the ends in and give the scarf a bath. She was so thrilled, and I was at least that happy for her.

There are quite a few knitters who pass in and out of here. It's rare for me to go a day without seeing at least one person knitting in one of the lounge areas.

I'm still struggling with why exactly I am here and whether or not I actually fit in. I don't think I do, entirely, but I'm okay with that. I have five more weeks to figure things out, and I am looking forward to that opportunity, but I'm also looking forward to getting home and back to my real life. I know I'm putting things off by being here, and it's becoming more important to me to be able to get home and deal with them than it was when I left, so I guess I must be getting something out of being here.

I'm not doing much knitting or spinning here. Time is strange, and even though my work hours are shorter than they would be at home, it feels like more of my time is occupied, in more intense ways. Participating in the PATH program is definitely NOT a route to relaxation.

I was going to do NaNoWriMo again this year, but I don't think I'm going to. The pace is just too strange to accommodate it. I'll do it again eventually, but the concentration needed is far from available.

Best to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home