Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Not a Good Weekend

Yeah, so my laziness on Saturday was actually the beginning of a long weekend of intestinally dodgy illness. Very unpleasant Saturday night, ending up with the most severe case of chills I've had in a long time: blue lips, blue fingertips, chattering teeth...

I slept most of the day on Sunday, only to wake up late afternoon to find out that one of the people I love most in the world's father died earlier in the day. I emailed him and called him, but I still wish there was something else I could do. Can't though, he lives in another country, and even though he came home, his family lives in another state. I'm really sad for him. I hate feeling this helpless when someone I care about is in pain.

Didn't end up going to work yesterday because I still had the queasies, but I was back at it today, and this evening I managed to finally get an article turned in. (It's frustrating when things I'm working on just won't come together.)

Still working on my mom's birthday socks, the knitting slowed down considerably once I started my temp job, I'm still working on getting the work/life balance back.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's one of the worst feelings to be far away from someone you love when something so sad happens to them. I am sure your friend knows that you wish you could be there, and I am sure that is comforting for them.

Feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home