Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Socks for a New Year

Yes, I finished my Bearfoot socks. I have them on at the moment, actually. These are the softest socks I've made to date. It's too dark in here to take a flashless photo, but I'll take one tomorrow and post it eventually.

Hey, that's two UFO to FO transformations this week, sort of cool, huh?

I know I still have stuff outstanding in terms of UFOs, but I think I'm going to start the Flowerbasket Shawl tomorrow, because I really want to knit lace in 2006. Might as well start right off the bat, I guess.

I hope everyone is having a nice New Year's Eve. We're having a quiet one, which is just fine with me. We went to a party last night, which was nice, except that I drank one beer and my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin suddenly looked and felt as though I'd been out in the sun too long. My skin is still sensitive today, very strange.

Here's to a great 2006. I had an interesting 2005, and I hope that some of the things that were begun because of all that was interesting about this year take root and make next year something to look forward to. Best to all of you and all of yours.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Bearfoot socks! What pattern did you use?

So sorry, belatedly, about your loss. I'll be thinking of you. I hope Osmosis provides some fuzzy comfort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home