Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Klaralund!

Proof that I actually finished a garment:

I've worn it a couple of times, and have decided that I like the neckline the way it is. I may cuff the sleeves, depending on how crazy they drive me eventually.







Here's a daylight shot. I've also decided not to seam the back.


Specs:

Noro Silk Garden #65
US 10 1/2 needles
Started sometime in October (this time), finished December 15, 2006.

I bought the yarn and pattern book last year, maybe July, and started then (without swatching). The gauge was too small, so I put it aside for a very long time. It took me another three tries before I got gauge (still no swatching in the true sense), then I did one piece and put it aside again to finish my kneesocks. The other three pieces went relatively quickly, I think I did the second sleeve over the course of a couple of days (and my left hand is tender as a result).

I'm happy with it, and it's been a hit with everyone who's seen it so far.

Now I need to decide what to start next. Socks? A scarf? Another sweater? Mittens? Who knows, first I should finish my shopping...

3 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Congratulations

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

WOW...it looks awesome one you! Congrats...I am totally impresse! :-)

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I love it. It looks wonderful on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home