Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Knee Socks!!

Per Carrie's request, here are my finished knee socks.



I really love them, but they slide down. Patons is a slightly thicker yarn than I usually use and I didn't bother swatching. It's not the end of the world, but I find myself getting totally distracted by them if I'm walking and I feel them drooping.

















This is the first time I've done contrasting cuffs, heels, and toes, and I'm happy with the results. Please ignore the chubby, blindingly pale knees, I suppose I could have done some cropping.


Specs:

Based on this pattern.

U.S. size 2 dpns.

Patons Kroy Socks in Krazy Stripes and Gentry Grey.

Started September 18, 2006, finished November 19, 2006 -- yeah, two months for a pair of socks, but I wasn't very consistent, and I got sidetracked by Klaralund for a while.

I'll probably make another pair sometime, but maybe not right away.

As far as Klaralund, I have the front and back done and am into the extended garter stitch on the first sleeve.

I wish I could say I'll post more often, but I know better.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them! What about threading a bit of elastic around the tops of them? Just a little bit, the thin sewing kind.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home