Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So, I Started A Scarf

First, thanks for all of your kind comments about Klaralund, it's gotten a fair amount of wear already, and I know I'll wear it again later this week.

I decided to make Branching Out for my mom's birthday, in the beginning of January. I'm not doing any Christmas knitting, but I'll do some early 2007 birthday stuff instead.

I'm using Shelridge Farms Soft Touch Ultra in Pumpkin, from Knit NY on this trip. I figure it's marinated long enough, and it's definitely one of my mom's colors. I'm nine repeats in, and I am definitely enjoying the knit. I don't have it memorized, but I am beginning to anticipate what comes next.

I only hope that the rumored wonders of lace blocking are true, because right now it's folded in half and, though interestingly textured, not very lace-like. I'll go with it, though, and trust that the alchemy of blocking will make this scarf into lace when it's done.

I haven't taken a photo yet, because it's a few inches of scrunched up knitting, and who needs to see that, really?

I have not finished my shopping, I am trying to fight some sort of sort throat/fever ick, and I start a new assignment tomorrow. I'm happy to have work, I just hope I can sleep better tonight than I did last night.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home