Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, November 15, 2003

NaNo Day 15

Haven't started writing yet today and only did 760 yesterday and 100 the day before. I'm just not feeling it this year. I'm not sure why, exactly, maybe I don't know the characters well enough, maybe I've gone too far away from my original outline... actually, it's both of those and an inability to be as free and crazy when writing the story as I was last year.

NanoWriMo is all about being free and crazy when writing the story and I'm not letting it happen. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I know I don't like it.

On the topic of what else I'm using this for, I'm still not sure. I've been reading the archives of The North Carolina Experiment, and I'm just in awe of what she does. She talks about ordinary things in her life, but she does them in a beautiful way. Sometimes I think I can write, but when I read things like that, I'm just not so sure.

For those of you who haven't, go see Whale Rider. I saw it accidentally last night and I want to see it again already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home