Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Birthday Wrap-up

My birthday turned out pretty well, I satisfied my curiosity about Havre de Grace, had a nice lunch, took some photos, bought some beautiful yarn, ate a delicious Indian dinner... If I ever get around to getting film developed, I'll be able to post examples of some of these things. One of these days I'll go digital, just not quite yet.

On BBBB, I'm an inch from the top border and I think I should have enough yarn (I hope, I hope, I hope) to finish it completely. Then I get to start another baby blanket, but I'm going to do a different one, probably a simple diagonally knit one this time. I will have at least one more after that to do, so I need to keep it interesting, or simple, or something. I haven't done anything else on the Bottoms Up Bucket since the weekend. I'm getting so close to the end of the blanket, I just want to do it.

I haven't done much writing since this weekend. I got up early enough to do most of a set of morning pages this morning, but that's about it.

Family stuff has taken another turn for the weird, I should have called my parents today, but I just didn't have the energy to try to be strong for them, or whatever. Maybe I should find a nice therapist to talk to, but that just feels so not me.

I had a revelation about my work life yesterday morning when I didn't really want to get up and drag my sorry self into work after a three-day weekend. I realized that it's horrible to know that even after taking a little extra time away from work, I still dread going in when the time comes. Shouldn't having a bit of a break re-energize you? Isn't it sad that it so plainly doesn't? The problem, of course, is that I am so invested in this place now, it's been four-and-a-half years and I'm succumbing to inertia. And who's to say that another place would be any better than this in terms of jumping out of bed raring to go to work?

Okay, enough whining.

We skipped racquetball because we were tired, so I should go to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home