Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

More Yarn

I haven't gotten photos developed lately, or taken photos of my recent acquisitions, but let me tell you that I have recent acquisitions. I bought yarn for the next baby blanket, purple and pinkish Jaeger Baby Merino and consulted with the owner of Oh Susanna about the best way to approach its construction. She was very helpful, and made nice comments on the BBBB, which I am ten rows from completing.

I went to both Oh Susanna and Labadie Looms today, and although Labadie is less confusingly laid out, Oh Susanna is actually better for me. She has a wider range of natural fibers and she is willing to help with advice and problems. I will probably be going to her more often than to the other. She is also closer to home for me, not that that's a major thing, but I can go to her over lunch if necessary.

I have taken the initial step toward sock knitting: the purchase of two US 2 circular needles and a large ball of sock yarn. I have a feeling I probably should have started with worsted, but I'll survive. I'm actually pretty excited, though I don't know when I'll actually cast on for them. I also bought the needles to start the Tank Girl tank from Stitch 'n Bitch, but haven't started that either. I've been trying to finish BBBB since I'm so close.

In other news, while I was knitting at Long's Park by the pond, a heron flew right up to within a few feet of me. I had my cameras handy, so I took copious photos, I'm hoping I managed to get a few good shots. We are having significantly humid weather today here in Central PA, so I'm not sure why I was knitting a merino blanket outside, but there you have it. It's become an obsession.

Dinner time, must go now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home