Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Blah and Blech!

I went to a disappointing knitting meetup last night and I'm coming down with a cold. Just thought the cobwebs in the corners would like to know.

I'm feeling boring this evening, it doesn't help that I'm stuffed up and I haven't knit a stitch or written a word other than these few all day.

I talked to my parents, I have to do that once a week or so, just to check in. Things are still surreal all around, I don't know that they ever won't be. I tried to talk about stupid everyday things, but the rest is always hanging there and is always mentioned at some point by someone. I know I am very oblique, but I can't come out and say the actual words to a potential audience of people I don't know. The judgments of strangers are not things I can deal with at this point in the process. Maybe someday, but I wouldn't count on it.

I hope my sister comes down from NYC this weekend, I could use a little sister time again. I suppose I could call her tonight, but I always feel like I'm interrupting people when I call them. I have something of a phone-phobia, which does occasionally interfere with my service oriented job.

I finished the roll of film the BBBB photos are on, so if I get my act together and fire up the scanner this weekend, maybe I'll even have FO shots to post. But I've said that before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home