Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I'm Blocking, I'm Blocking!

I finished Big Bad Baby Blanket today and it's currently pinned to towels on the office floor. I washed it with a little Woolite before pinning it and it feels so soft right now. Of course, as humid as it is here right now, who knows how long it will take to dry. I have one fan on it, and plan on putting another one in place once he gets home from practice and gets his bass case put away. I'd love for it to dry overnight so that I don't have to worry about the cats, but I'll have to wait and see. I've been taking photos, but since I am still working with film, there will be a lag.

I got a few rows into the second color on my next baby blanket, the raspberry and purple are working well together so far. I'm knitting the raspberry rows and purling the purple ones -- mostly garter stitch, with a few ditches along the way. I also did a bit on my first sock, but that progress is even slower than the others. The photo I took of my recent stash additions should be available for scanning tomorrow evening.

In other news, I'm finding myself more and more scattered work-wise. I absolutely did not want to get out of bed this morning because I knew that we had the usual 9 am staff meeting and I was dreading it, for no good reason. I just can't concentrate on much of anything, and I can't find any enjoyment in what it is I spend my days doing. I'm not happy about spending my work life this way, but the benefits are good, most of the people are enjoyable, the environment is interesting, and I'm in a complete rut.

My desk at home needs a thorough cleaning, I'm looking at it and trying to ignore the fact that there's no clear place to put a pad of paper if I actually want to write anything by hand. I'm not good at keeping a neat house. I go in spurts, but mostly it's just sort of cluttered.

Enough of this, I'm going to go clean up the kitchen a bit and wait for him to get home from practice. I always start to get antsy when I pass the 11 o'clock point on practice nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home