Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Adventure Girl

Okay, that may be a bit strong, but it'll still be a break in the routine, which I desperately need.

Next weekend I am going to an Artist's Way workshop at Kripalu Center (that's kree-pah-loo, not cripple-you) in Lenox, Massachusetts. I am in desperate need of a change of scenery and a bit of a break from normal life, and this should definitely fill both requirements. I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but I'm trying my best to go with an open mind. I'm sure you'll be able to read all about it, a la my New York trip, when I return.

I know it's been a few days since I last posted, and I'd been doing so well, but sitting at the front desk for 4 out of 5 work days zapped my energy and through me all off kilter so that all I wanted to do when I got home was as much of nothing as possible.

I have been knitting, though. I finished the cuff of my mom's first sock (my weird energy levels have precluded a start on the heel -- maybe tomorrow) and am making my way through the decrease rows on the back of Big Sack. I've also added a few rows to my own sock cuff, but that is the one that loses out most of the time at this point. I'll take knitting with me next weekend, but it will be the panel for the baby blanket that time forgot. Mindless garter stitch seems to make the most sense for this particular excursion. I did identify a yarn shop, Colorful Stitches, to check out while I am there -- my first afternoon, most likely.

I managed to maintain my Morning Pages all week, even with the slightly wacky schedule, and this evening I even tried working on something else, so even the anticipation of this trip seems to be having a positive effect.

I will not be knitting with Rachel Marie and Michelle tomorrow afternoon because we have a family luncheon to attend. I let Rachel know Friday evening when I went to Gallery 141 for First Friday. The open gallery events are good and popular, but when it's cold and dark I tend not to go. I'm glad I got talked into it yesterday.

That's it, I'm done, I'll try to be good about posting this week, but I make no guarantees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home