Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Knitting Update, Etc.

This is where my knitting stands now:

1. I cast on for the front of Big Sack and am about to start the third cable repeat.

2. I finished sock #1 of my mother's pair and cast on for sock #2. I've decided that my least favorite part of sock knitting is transferring the cast on to the multiple needles and knitting the first row. I inevitably have to try it more than once before it works.

3. I'm still working on the cuff of sock #2 of my second pair.

4. I bought Silk Garden #65 A and the appropriate pattern book in anticipation of making Klaralund. I hope I like my colorway. Oh Susannah was really busy and the selection of Silk Garden I could find wasn't wonderful.

5. We had another nice knitting gathering at Gallery 141 yesterday, I knit with Rachel, Emily, and Heather for a couple of hours. I think a good time was had by all.

Yep, that's everything knitting-related.

I made a granny square yesterday with yarn from a crochet kit a friend gave me around Christmas. I think it'll be a good skill to know for edgings and quicker baby blankets, but I don't know if it's something I'll do a whole lot of.

It's snowing here again, I'm tired of it, tired of having to worry about getting from one place to another in it. We haven't had tons this winter, but that doesn't make me any less tired of it.

I've begun rudimentary GRE studies, so far, so good, I think.

I'll try to post more regularly, but I can't make guarantees.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, GRE studies. I do that from time to time. I will have to suck it up and put some actual time in for sure, but that won't be for another few months to many months. Mostly depends on my general level of ennui in relation to annoyance with my job. But being a student again is reminding me that being a student isn't all fun and easy. At least, not being a student who also works. Wait, so the grass could still be greener . . . isn't that how it always is. Anyway - I tried sending you a card, but it was returned, which is lame, so I'll have to see if I have any old packaging to check the address. I just wanted to say hi, and to check in, and to say thanks again for SP - I didn't re-up, but that was mostly because I'm trying to save some money. It was wonderful interacting with you and I will try to be better about that in the future. Until then, have a good week.
Cheers,
Kim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home