Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Random Happenings

I tend to be a homebody for the most part, but every once in a while I get out and do something a bit different.

Thursday evening I got together with a handful of friends to watch Can't Stop the Music, an over-the-top camp movie starring Village People, Steve Gutenberg, and Bruce Jenner. The friends I watched it with are pop culture fans of the highest order, the one who'd gotten it on Netflix got it sheerly for the camp factor. I am not as much of an aficionado of pop culture, yet I was the only one who had already seen this thing. Yes, I do wonder why I am admitting this here, thanks for asking. While watching it, I completed a cable repeat on Big Sack, so it wasn't all bad. I think I'm up to four now, or starting the fourth, maybe. I'm enjoying working on it, even if I am going fairly slowly.

I didn't do much knitting or pick up ink for my printer today because my sister was in town. I went to her newest rental property to help her get started on renovations. In other words, I spent a couple of hours pulling some tenacious little plant out by the roots from between the bricks in her front sidewalk. It was a lovely day to be outside. A bit windy, but the street we were on was fairly sheltered, so we stayed comfortable. It almost felt like Spring, and the snow made some melting progress.

I got Washing Silver printed to page 20 on Thursday before the black ink cartridge gave out, so tomorrow my mission will be to get me to an office supply store to replace it. Does anyone else love office supply stores as much as I do? I tend to go in for one thing and end up wandering for much longer than necessary looking at all of the stuff that would definitely help me get organized...

Anyway, I had my mother try on the one completed sock, just to be sure I'd gotten it right, and I had. I'm so pleased, maybe she'll have a pair before summertime.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home