Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Finished!



I finished my Knitting Pure and Simple v-neck top this morning. I love it. I need to take photos, but the weather today has been changeable. Maybe I'll try the bathroom mirror approach in a bit...ETA: Okay, not the most flattering photos ever, but I've never claimed to be photogenic. Gives you a decent idea of what the top looks like, though, so I guess it's okay.

I didn't mind the acres of stockinette, it was a relaxing, mindless knit for me, which was what I have needed recently.

I did make some modifications: I shortened the body, because I have a short torso, and I shortened the sleeves, because I didn't want sleeves to my elbows.

I wore it today and it's really comfortable. I have a feeling that I'll wear it a lot.

There are several skeins of the cotton fleece left over, I think I'm going to use them to make Cece. More spring green than I know what to do with, but that's okay. Of course, first I have to buy the needles because I don't have the right lengths. I never have the right lengths, or never remember if I do. I seriously need a better handle on my knitting needle inventory!

6 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Wow! That was speedy-- looking forward to the photo, or to seeing you in person!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger sUsAn said...

Looks like a perfect fit! I can't believe how quickly you finished it either!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Super FAB!!! Looks great and I think it's a lovely color on you. I think CeCe would work great in the left overs!!!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Love it, Love it - Awesome! and I love the color, can't wait to see it in person. Congrats!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Came back to say-- ooo it looks great!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Your sweater looks great. You did it so quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home