Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Thank You

Thanks for all of the nice comments on the V-neck, I really appreciated all of them. I still haven't started CeCe, I haven't gotten the smaller of the two needles yet. It'll probably happen on Friday, because tomorrow I'm finally getting a dresser! I paid for it yesterday, and my dad is going to pick it up for me after work tomorrow and a couple of friends are coming to help get it up the fire escape.

It isn't that big, but I know that I wouldn't be able to keep a good grip on it, and I'd rather have a couple of thirty-somethings do the lifting than make my dad do it, if at all possible. He certainly can, but he shouldn't have to.

By this time tomorrow, I should have clothes in drawers and out of the suitcase and box, the anticipation makes me positively giddy!

I finally got my paper recycling out of the house, and broke down the last of the empty boxes to put out with it. That also made a huge difference.

There are still more things I'd like to get or do in terms of getting the house in order, but it's feeling better all the time.

Apparently one of these things should be a full length mirror for the landing where I keep my shoes and jackets, because this morning I put the wrong shoes on (the sort of beat up flats I wear on Fridays and weekends, rather than the heels I wear with dress pants) and didn't realize it until I was most of the way to work and too far from home to turn around and change! It was not a good look, so I definitely need to pay attention on my way out the door tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home