Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

I rang in the new year with three friends, two of whom just moved into a new house last week. It was very low key, just right.

I'm not going to make resolutions, because I know how that turns out. There are some things I want to do this year, though.

I want to write more thank you notes and letters. I always say thank you to people, but I'd like to follow up with an actual note from time to time. And I need to write more letters to my youngest sister. I wrote her one yesterday, and I need to not wait for a month or two before I do it again. No matter what my conflicted feelings may be, she is my sister, and she should feel like I haven't abandoned her.

I need to get out more. I do a few things regularly that get me out, but I need to do it more, get out of my apartment, mix with people.

I want to knit from stash, pretty much exclusively, at least until Maryland. I tried to find some sock yarn I'm sure I haven't used yet, and got a glimpse of just how much yarn I have. I can't say I won't buy yarn at Maryland, but I'm pretty sure I won't before then. I haven't since September, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I want to find a way to get into shape. I've lost weight since moving out on my own, which I knew would happen, but I'm not in very good shape. I need to decide whether to join a gym again, or take a class, or something.

Let's leave it at that. I'm hoping I can follow up on these things, I know they would all be good for me and my general well-being, but I'm not always the best at following through on things that are good for me.

Happy new year to all of you, and best wishes for 2007.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Lolly said...

I know what you mean about resolutions. I am constantly thinking about making changes, and it feels weird to actually say them aloud, or write them down. However, that can help too. Best of luck to you this year, Faith! I will see you at MDSW~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home