Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

I rang in the new year with three friends, two of whom just moved into a new house last week. It was very low key, just right.

I'm not going to make resolutions, because I know how that turns out. There are some things I want to do this year, though.

I want to write more thank you notes and letters. I always say thank you to people, but I'd like to follow up with an actual note from time to time. And I need to write more letters to my youngest sister. I wrote her one yesterday, and I need to not wait for a month or two before I do it again. No matter what my conflicted feelings may be, she is my sister, and she should feel like I haven't abandoned her.

I need to get out more. I do a few things regularly that get me out, but I need to do it more, get out of my apartment, mix with people.

I want to knit from stash, pretty much exclusively, at least until Maryland. I tried to find some sock yarn I'm sure I haven't used yet, and got a glimpse of just how much yarn I have. I can't say I won't buy yarn at Maryland, but I'm pretty sure I won't before then. I haven't since September, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I want to find a way to get into shape. I've lost weight since moving out on my own, which I knew would happen, but I'm not in very good shape. I need to decide whether to join a gym again, or take a class, or something.

Let's leave it at that. I'm hoping I can follow up on these things, I know they would all be good for me and my general well-being, but I'm not always the best at following through on things that are good for me.

Happy new year to all of you, and best wishes for 2007.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home