Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Paris Loop Completed

I finished Paris Loop a little while ago. The neck of mine has more of a roll than the original, but on the whole I think I did a decent job and I like the way it looks on (I'm wearing it right now). No photos yet, I need to get film. Okay, I really just need to get a digital camera to make this process easier, but that's neither here nor there.

I got a decent (for me) amount of sock knitting done yesterday afternoon when I did a volunteer shift here. I think the remnants of Ivan kept people away, which is a shame for the fundraising aspect of the event. I bought a couple of books, but not as many as I usually do. I may still go back and browse today.

We got plenty of wind and rain from Ivan yesterday, all of the creeks and rivers in the area flooded or are still flooding. I feel for all of the people around here living in flood plains, and I'm awfully thankful that I do not. I hope it doesn't take long for them to get back to their normal routines.

Today feels like fall. It's bright and clear and sunny, but there's a strong breeze blowing and the air is cool. It might be time to drag my cool weather clothing up from the basement, oh, and knit faster.

The elder of our cats decided to use my arm as prey this morning. Between the gnawing and the clawing and the kicking, he managed to leave his marks. And I was wearing a sweatshirt at the time! He wanted to play, and that doesn't happen as much any more, so I went with it. Then I washed my wounds thoroughly with soap and water before returning to my knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home